Author Topic: Mk.4 Golf  (Read 923 times)

Offline Babylon Split Rick

• **SBS Family**
  • Down with the SBS
Mk.4 Golf
« on: June 05, 2014, 03:34:50 PM »
Recently sold my 1995 1.2 Fiesta daily driver for £300 ... Not bad as it was given to me and it cost less that £200 to get through an MOT, service it and add front pads .. So it's gone to a new home to make way for this Mk.4 Golf which needed a few adjustments to de-chav it and get some MOT failures sorted. Cost me £275 from a mate who needed the space on his driveway back!
How it looked when I got it:

Replaced a handbrake cable and rear brake pipe, replaced the crystal rear lights for standard units, got rid of the chav stickers from the rear window, sticker & over sized black strip from top of the windscreen, replaced wipers & tidied up the Recardo interior.
Still need to get the airbag light turned off, have a replacement rear wiper as mine had been removed & refit the centre consoles I took out to fix.
Also adding some I.C.E to it that I had spare when I broke my Cal-Look bug :)
Also have stripped the white rattle can sprayed paint off the Audi R8 17" copy alloys and waiting for my mate to sort the curbing and he's going to spray them a nice shiny metalic gun metal grey. Then I can add the part worn Bridgestone runflat 22/45 tyres that I picked up as two pairs off eBay which only set me back £109 inc. the postage between them. This is how she looks now:

« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »

Rick, SBS UK #60

Offline Sooty

• -=HIT SQUAD=-
  • Down with the SBS
Re: Mk.4 Golf
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 09:18:58 PM »
Liked it before Granddad!  :lol:
UK HS #8
\' NEVER SACRIFICE WHO YOU ARE JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE HAS A PROBLEM WITH IT\'

Offline raiz

• -=HIT SQUAD=-
  • Down with the SBS
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 02:16:41 AM »
Looks alot less...well....Essex now ;-)

Offline Babylon Split Rick

• **SBS Family**
  • Down with the SBS
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 10:03:12 AM »
Only 'Dad' thank you not Granddad Sooty :p

LOL raiz :lol:

It's still not on the road yet as been a waiting game to get my mate to get the 17's tidied and painted. Once that's done then the new tyres can go on. Then to call in the other favour and get the airbag light reset by another friend who used to work for VAG and then maybe I can get it MOT'd.
Rick, SBS UK #60