Author Topic: 15 window Mushy pea!  (Read 56077 times)

Offline raiz

• -=HIT SQUAD=-
  • Down with the SBS
Re: 15 window Mushy pea!
« Reply #675 on: May 13, 2016, 11:37:06 AM »
Wow! That was a merry go round and it aint even part of the cert process yet  :-[

So Border check exemption.

As you may know.
When my bus entered NZ it missed its border check by MAF, who couldn't locate vin apparently?
I was informed at the time with my bil of laden, and my maf unchecked form, all i need is a border check exemption.

This is a form that is signed by one of three accredited businesses, to  check the vin against the paperwork to confirm its legit. (AA inspections, VTNZ, VINZ)

NZTA, who are the Kiwi version of the DVLA,will then issue a new vin so i can start having mods and panel work certified, and at the end, also register road legal.

So now you would assume the three accredited businesses would know what it entails, nah!
AA inspections, VTNZ, and VINZ all seem to expect a vehicle that is road legal and that can drive in and drive out..
After trying three in my area i called NZTA, where the lady told me she had spoke to her supervisor and i was trying to do border check too early? i replied ''but i cant have anything certified if the vehicle doesn't exist''
She wasnt budging as boss said so..

Now i decided to phone the lvvt, low volume something or other? as i know my bus is going this route...
The dude i spoke too was shocked and told me to call and ask for a lady who is basically the boss of the border check exemptions..
She, confirmed they were ALL! wrong, and to send the unsigned form and all documentation to her and she will get back to me?

So i sent it off as requested and was kinda expecting a half job make this go away type of approach? i dunno.

Paperwork comes back with tabs highlighting missing fields.. (where the AA VTNZ or VINZ where to sign) :roll:

Another phone call the basically told me to educate the cert guys... facepalm maybe?

So i went back today and the manager started to listen to my, what should be ridiculously simple job, that they had to do.
They read up on it, signed it and the manager, who lived nearby, came back to my house to do the hard part.... look at the vin.
They got a crate of beers for, in the end, doing me a favor by coming to my house.

So all that just to get the bus to exist in NZ.

Just got to send the forms off now... signed!

I guess this is gonna be hard to read or understand if your from anywhere but NZ, so sorry.  :-X

Offline demo four

• Administrator
  • Down with the SBS
« Reply #676 on: May 13, 2016, 01:25:38 PM »

They got a crate of beers for, in the end, doing me a favor by coming to my house.

I think anyone the world over, knows beer bribes officials  :o

glad your back on track now  :)
~~ Russ T ~~
#4 UK-HS

Offline raiz

• -=HIT SQUAD=-
  • Down with the SBS
« Reply #677 on: November 07, 2016, 06:35:05 AM »
So back in the day i was going to go flip seat.. now here in NZ that will be the biggest headache, as a scratch built seat needs to be F1 impact rated and certified.. honestly, its that ridiculous.

So ive been looking at reinstating a bulkhead.
Luckily for me there are alot of weird Brazilian bay windows with the 15 window split rear end..
I have finally got a lead for a parts bus with a decent bulk head to remove. (maybe a front seat too?)
Subject to a successful phone call, i will need to travel down to Rotorua to pull this out..
might as well take my fam and drop them off somewhere whilst i do?

Offline raiz

• -=HIT SQUAD=-
  • Down with the SBS
« Reply #678 on: May 27, 2017, 09:36:47 AM »
Hi all

Ive found a bulk head, so go to collect that next weekend.

Also had a lead on new front seats, 2 plus 1 like what it had originally..

Crystal ball would of been nice tbh.

Offline raiz

• -=HIT SQUAD=-
  • Down with the SBS
« Reply #679 on: June 04, 2017, 10:32:08 AM »
Bulk head collected, so that will be getting prepped for fitting soon.

Offline DubStyle

• El Hefe
  • Administrator
  • Down with the SBS
    • http://www.the-sbs.com
« Reply #680 on: June 12, 2017, 08:10:45 PM »
No picture updates since 2015??? Come on dude... you've had to have completed something. :P
Anthony

SBS #1
1962 Ragtop - yes a bus

Offline raiz

• -=HIT SQUAD=-
  • Down with the SBS
« Reply #681 on: June 16, 2017, 09:54:39 AM »
Just scored some new front seats.. just like the ones i sold 8 years ago. hahaha

Anyways... cant fit some original mounts, as they wont be factory fitted.
So will need to look into mounting requirements as its a fkin minefield.